The Nursery

When we had our third baby I finally decided that since we were in a house, I was going to have my dream nursery. It has been a slow process of Pinterest finds and DIY projects finally coming together but it is finally ready for a "reveal",

The thing that took the longest was deciding on what to do for the accent wall behind the crib. I dabbled with ideas of floral wallpaper for months but finally landed on a single color. I knew I wanted a dark royal color and even though everyone else said purple, I followed my heart and did ... GREEN!




I had the idea that I wanted a wardrobe rod in her room to showcase all her beautiful things. Let me tell you, girl stuff is fun! So I combined a DIY shelf I found on Pinterest and the idea of a wardrobe rod to create this. I wanted to mix metal and wood in her room and I absolutely love copper, 
so Home Depot for the win. 

(Link for the shelf instructions here :)





The crib and changing table were a set that I got when my oldest was a baby from J.C. Penney. Yuuuup. It was a dark wood but was too red for my taste. So, I spent the entire last summer before the baby came, sanding and painting and refinishing those pieces and a simple change of hardward to a leather pull from an Etsy shop completed the look. 

(Etsy shop: Yesterday's November Link below)



This floral majesty might be my favorite nursery addition. Before we created this, there was a simple wreath but I wanted something more full and vibrant. I had an inspiration idea on my Pinterest board and circumstance fell into my lap to make it a reality. 
We got a chandelier for our downstairs family room but it had too many cylinders which made it too big for our space. By removing the top and smallest cylinder, we were able to make it work. I looked at that circular frame and knew what to do. I cut a circle of wood behind and a half circle on top. Flowers from Michaels and we were in business. 

(Pinterest Inspiration Link Here)




Her white drapes are a velvet touch from Amazon and the curtain rod is just another copper pipe from Home Depot attached to the wall with robe hooks- it's actually a much cheaper solution for a 
curtain rod!

(Link for velvet curtains here)



The finishing touches start with my favorite ever mirror I found at Kirklands. I knew I wanted a circular mirror but couldn't find exactly what I wanted until I walked in that store and it pretty much found me. It was love at first sight. 
(I couldnt find the exact same one online but a gorgeous similar one is found here.)




Look at that throwback photo from the first week Gillian was born! Goodness how times change! It's only taken us 10 months to get her room almost perfect :) Her bumper and quilt 
are from RH Baby and Child
(Floral quilt linked here)

A 30 second video tour of the nursery is on my IGTV channel. Let me know if you have any questions or inspirational ideas for your own nursery!


Comments

Popular Posts